I’ve had a pretty awesome stomachache for the past two days. And by awesome, I mean painful.
Is it the stomach flu? No….knock on wood!
Did I enjoy a little too much vino on Saturday? Nope, don’t think so.
Instead, I blame this:
Triple Chocolate Layer Cake with Kahlua Buttercream and Chocolate Ganache. I die.
Handmade Gourmet Chocolates (from www.ChocolateSmiles.com).
Right after I took this, I decided the dark chocolate Oreo needed to be eaten, stat.
All I can say is thank God birthdays don’t come more than once a year. I’m typically a very healthy eater, but something about my birthday always makes my sweet tooth come out like a lion from a cage. It seems to be especially bad this year though, and I’m now the proud owner of a chronic unhappy tummy. Even so, I can’t stop eating them, and I’m ok with that.
In case you don’t like looking at sweets that you can’t grab through the computer screen, here’s another pizza recipe to get you by…
Zucchini White Pizza
Adapted from Eat, Live, Run
1 ball of store-bought pizza dough
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 medium zucchinis
1 cup mozzarella cheese
3 Tbsp. pesto sauce
salt and cayenne pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 deg. F.
2. Shred zucchinis using a regular cheese grater. Squeeze zucchini shreds in small batches over the sink to drain out any water, and place all shreds in a medium bowl.
3. Add mozzarella cheese to the zucchini and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, garlic, salt, and cayenne. A little bit of cayenne is all you need in this!
5. Roll out dough into a rectangle shape on a floured surface (remember to let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes first). Transfer dough to a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Spread ricotta mixture over the dough.
7. Top with zucchini and mozzarella mixture.
8. Drizzle pesto sauce over pizza and add a little more cayenne if desired.
9. Reduce oven to 425 deg. F and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until crust is golden and cheese has melted.
Whew, that took a bit of time and effort to write. Gotta go now….ganache is calling my name.